The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
One of the fastest and easiest ways to enhance your smile when imperfections exist is with porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers are thin shells that are fabricated with porcelain material to match the patient’s existing teeth. They are bonded over a tooth with an imperfection to disguise the issue and improve the appearance of the smile. Dr. Dean Glasser and his team in Melville, NY help patients achieve the smile they’ve always wanted with porcelain veneers, a popular option for many of the men and women who visit our facility.
How porcelain veneers work
Porcelain veneers are coverings that the dentist can bond over minimally-prepared teeth near the front of the smile. They are matched with the patient’s teeth so that their placement is seamless within the smile. This is one of many cosmetic dentistry solutions available to our patients to consider when it comes to addressing mild to moderate imperfections. Porcelain veneers can last many years with proper care, and are stain-resistant.
What are the benefits of porcelain veneers?
Patients often consider porcelain veneers because they not only address a specific issue within the appearance of the smile, but they are also extremely advantageous when it comes to improving the aesthetics of the teeth. Below are just a few of the more common advantages patients consider when choosing veneers or other dental restorations:
- Porcelain veneers are made to match the shade of brightness needed as well as the surrounding teeth
- Porcelain veneers look completely natural when fabricated by a skilled professional
- Porcelain veneers are not porous, as natural tooth enamel is, allowing them to be stain-resistant
- Porcelain veneers do not irritate the gum tissues
- Porcelain veneers are more resistant to chipping because of their strength and durability in materials
- Porcelain veneers allow patients to make dramatic changes in short period of time
- Porcelain veneers are durable and long-lasting
- Porcelain veneers are affordable and faster than alternative treatments
Contact the team at Implant and General Dentistry of Long Island
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of undergoing the placement of porcelain veneers to enhance your smile, contact Dr. Dean Glasser and his team in Melville, New York. Call (631) 423-6767 to request a visit at 458 Old Country Road.