The CamX Spectra provides invaluable support for dental treatments and enhances patient understanding of necessary treatments. When patients better understand the need for treatment options it can lead to more informed decisions. The CamX Spectra caries detection aid gives patients the complete story of their oral health.
What is the CamX Spectra?
The CamX Spectra features the only caries detection aid that uses fluorescence technology to visualize and discover caries earlier, as well as plaque and calculus. Imaging software is used to display healthy tooth enamel, incipient enamel caries, deep enamel caries, dentin caries, and deep dentin caries.
How does the CamX Spectra work?
Caries and plaque filters in the imaging software show caries activity by means of a color scale and numeric evaluation. Four Violet LEDS stimulate metabolic products found in cariogenic bacteria, causing them to glow red while healthy enamel glows green.
What is the CamX Spectra process?
- Shine - Spectra shines a safe, fluorescent light onto the tooth surface
- Transmit - Vital information is transmitted and available for us and you to instantly view in vivid color on our computer
- Discover - Areas of decay will be visible on screen
- Read - The extent of the decay will be indicated by both color and number
- Discuss - Together, we'll discuss the findings and decide on appropriate treatment
Does the Spectra detect cavities earlier?
The CamX Spectra can detect cavities earlier. Spectra detects dental decay as early as possible, allowing us to remove the decay. Drilling should always be our last resort and our state-of-the-art Spectra device aides in making that possible.