Why Might I Choose Dental Implants To Restore My Smile?Jan. 15 2023
If you're missing one or more teeth, it's important to find a solution that will help restore your smile and keep your remaining teeth healthy. One of the most popular options available today is dental implants – and for a good reason! Dr. Dean Glasser and his team in Melville, NY, can educate you further on the advantages of implants.
Here are just a few reasons why choosing dental implants to replace missing teeth may be the right choice for you:
- Dental implants are designed to both look and feel like natural teeth, providing you with a beautiful, long-lasting smile that can improve your overall self-confidence.
- Unlike other replacement options such as dentures or bridges, dental implants don't rely on nearby teeth for support – they actually act as an anchor in the jawbone. This reduces stress on your remaining teeth, helping them stay healthy and strong.
- Dental implants are a permanent option to tooth loss, lasting for many years with proper care. They also don't require any complex maintenance or special daily cleaning requirements – simply brush and floss as you normally would to keep them looking their best.
- Because high-quality restorations such as dentures, bridges, and crowns are placed over dental implants, they look great! The restorations used over the implants are customized for the patient to match the appearance of their remaining teeth, ensuring the final restoration blends in with the smile and doesn't stand out as a dental repair.
- Dental implants do not require any special care or attention compared to the rest of the smile. Brushing, flossing, and routine visits to the dentist will ensure the longevity of dental implant restorations.
Schedule an Appointment With Dr. Dean Glasser Today!
If you're interested in learning more about dental implants, contact Dr. Dean Glasser of Implant and General Dentistry of Long Island today to schedule an appointment. He can help assess your candidacy for this treatment option and answer any questions you may have about the process. With the proper care and attention, dental implants can be a reliable way to restore your smile with our Melville, NY, area team! Call 631-423-6767 to request your visit with our team.
Dr. Dean Glasser is a respected Cosmetic and General Dentist, serving Melville, NY and the greater Long Island area. A Professor at Columbia University Dental School, Dr. Glasser is recognized as a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and as a Fellow of the following organizations: the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, the Academy of General Dentistry, the American Association of Hospital Dentistry and the Misch Implant Institute.