Are Porcelain Veneers Right for Me?Mar. 21 2013
When patients are living with a less-than-perfect smile, they will often assume that cosmetic crowns are their only real treatment option. While this may have been the case in years past, understand that modern dentistry now affords us a simple, effective, minimally-invasive alternative: porcelain veneers. A treatment growing more popular year after year, many patients still aren’t sure what veneers are really all about. To help paint a clearer picture, let’s take a quick look at a few of the treatment’s most important patient-side benefits.
Porcelain Veneers Are…
- An effective solution. As one of today’s top dental restorations, porcelain veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are custom-made and bonded to the fronts of the teeth. A simple procedure with dramatic results, veneers can restore a patient’s smile in as few as two short office visits.
- A versatile procedure. Porcelain veneers are one of today’s most versatile dental restorations, working to correct the appearance of several common cosmetic concerns. These include chips, gaps and permanent discoloration. While not an orthodontic solution, veneers can also be used to improve the appearance of slight misalignments.
- A minimally-invasive approach. Compared to dental crowns, porcelain veneers represent a remarkably minimally-invasive alternative. During the procedure only a small amount of natural tooth material is removed, to compensate for any added thickness of the veneer.
- A natural-looking restoration. Designed to look exactly like the patient’s natural teeth, porcelain veneers are custom-made and expertly color-matched for each and every patient. Veneers are translucent – just like teeth – which help them blend seamlessly with a patient’s natural smile.
- A confidence-booster. A less-than-perfect smile can take a toll on a patient’s confidence and self-esteem. As one of today’s most popular “dental makeover” procedures, veneers work to restore a healthy, youthful smile – a smile you can be proud of!
Porcelain Veneers on Long Island
To learn more about porcelain veneers or any of the services we offer, contact us today. Our offices are located in Melville, and you can reach us directly at 631-423-6767. We look forward to meeting you.
Dr. Dean Glasser is a respected Cosmetic and General Dentist, serving Melville, NY and the greater Long Island area. A Professor at Columbia University Dental School, Dr. Glasser is recognized as a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and as a Fellow of the following organizations: the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, the Academy of General Dentistry, the American Association of Hospital Dentistry and the Misch Implant Institute.